View The Gallery
- 4 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 8
Mediterranean minimalism: A 106 meter long stone path leads to Els Comellars, which is located in an almond grove with sea and mountain views in the south of Mallorca. The strict geometric construction clearly sets itself apart from the landscape but nevertheless almost merges with the environment due to its earth-toned plaster. The main façade appears castle-like with windowless, two-story high walls. An only 83 cm narrow gap leads into a large courtyard, which is adjoined by the living spaces on the ground floor and the bedrooms upstairs. The minimalist rooms exude a contemplative, almost monastic atmosphere. Small windows frame the view of the landscape and create a play of light and shadow. At the backside a terrace and a 30-meter infinity pool connect the house with the landscape.
Els Comellars was designed by John Pawson and Claudio Silvestrin, the now world-renowned duo responsible for designing leading retail locations for Calvin Klein and Giorgio Armani. With stunning views of the sea and the mountains, Els Comellars is a highly expressive and unusual structure, and a daring leap into what a residential space can mean. Grand in scale and humble in tone, Els Comellars is reminiscent of an art installation, and it’s clean sharp delineated lines of vertical and geometric shapes evokes a modern take on antiquity. Equal parts mid century modern and ancient adobe castle, the striking minimalist emphasis in and out and use of raw, natural materials creates a harmonious palette with the landscape. With over 6000 square feet, this spacious home features five bedrooms with one master, that sleeps a total of eleven. Each are completely unadorned and refreshing in their simplicity while still remaining luxurious. The fully equipped kitchen and adjoining dining area are large enough to serve up to ten and are adjacent to the expansive pool terrace and indoor courtyard for great open air living. There is a rooftop terrace and two additional wrap around terraces for lounging as well as a hammock under the shade of the trees. Along with the 30 meter infinity pool there is an additional pool underneath with a waterfall that has a walled area for children and a sunken tennis court. With over thirty acres of expansive gardens, the property is in complete, secluded privacy.
- In keeping with the rest of the house, the five bedrooms are minimalist and virtually monochrome, with white furnishings, cupboards and bedlinen. All bedrooms have freestanding designer fans that can be placed near the beds.
- The master bedroom is a large, bright space that makes clever use of windows to create a play of light across its walls. It contains a king-size bed, a walk-in dressing room and an ensuite bathroom with a freestanding wooden bath tub, walk-in shower, and stone basin. The dressing area acts as a divide between the sleeping area and the bathroom.
- Bedrooms two and three have double beds with bedside tables and lamps. They share a bathroom containing a walk-in shower, stone basin and a bidet.
- Bedroom four has a queen-size bed and an ensuite bathroom with a bath tub and shower, and stone sink.
- The fifth bedroom is under the large swimming pool, and has a double bed and its own bathroom, which is next door. Set slightly apart from the main house, this room makes an excellent guest bedroom, but it is unheated, making it suitable for summer use only.
Rental License: ETV/4042
Good to know
Our Cancellation Policy
We are now offering a flexible cancellation and refund policy if future travel is disrupted due to Covid. Please contact us for more information.